CB1 property services provide all types of electrical work, a selection of our services include the following:
- Full electrical installations and re-wires
- Initial Verification
- Periodic testing and inspections
- Portable appliance Testing (PAT)
- Planned maintenance
- Emergency and general repairs
- Lighting design, installation and repairs
- Audio & Visual and networking
Initial Verification Inspection
Initial verifications are carried out on any new installations before they are put into service. The purpose of initial verification is to confirm by way of inspection and testing, during construction and on completion, that the installation complies with the design and construction aspects of BS 7671, in so far as is reasonably practicable.
Periodic Inspection and Testing
All electrical installations deteriorate with age and use. They should therefore be inspected and tested at regular intervals to check whether they are in a satisfactory condition for continued use. Such safety checks are commonly referred to as ‘periodic inspection and testing’. Once completed you will be issued with an Electrical Condition Report (EICR).
A periodic inspection will:
- Reveal if any of your electrical circuits or equipment are overloaded.
- Find any potential electric shock risks and fire hazards.
- Identify any defective electrical work.
- Highlight any lack of earthing or bonding.
Tests are also carried out on wiring and fixed electrical equipment to check that they are safe. A schedule of circuits is also provided, which is invaluable for a property.
How often is a periodic inspection required?
Your electrics should be inspected and tested every:
- 10 years for an owner-occupied home.
- 5 years for a rented home.
- 3 years for a caravan
- 1 year for a swimming pool.
Other times when a periodic inspection should be carried out are:
- When a property is being prepared for letting.
- Before selling a property or buying a previously occupied property.
PAT Testing and regular inspections of equipment is an essential requirement to running a safe business, whether you’re a landlord or commercial client, as stated in the BS 7671:2008 (2011) Requirements for electrical installations.
“All fixed installations must be periodically inspected and tested to ensure it is in satisfactory condition”
A number of tests are carried out to ensure safe continual use of appliances and prevent any harm occurring.
Electric shock can kill or seriously injure, Inspections and Testing are carried out to ensure the state of electrical systems, installations and appliances are safe to use and meet the latest requirements,